Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What You Shouldn't Include In Your Muscle Building Diet Plan

What You Shouldn't Include In Your Muscle Building Diet Plan
When I first decided to build muscle, I found myself spending a lot of time in fast food restaurants. Some of these places had nutritional info displayed on a wall, but I tended to only pay attention to the amount of protein. After all, you have to eat a lot of protein if you want to gain muscle, right? Well, that is true, but that's not the whole story.

The truth is that the kinds of food that you eat will have a big role to play in your overall results. Yes, your workouts are important, but the raw materials to build muscle have to come from your diet. If you eat the wrong foods, your results will suffer. Either you won't gain any weight at all or you will gain way too much fat. Neither result sounds very pleasant for those of us trying to build muscle.
Thankfully, I came to my senses and started paying closer attention to nutritional info. After a while, I just couldn't ignore the large quantities of fat in the typical fast food hamburger and French fries. And the drinks, oh yes, the drinks! The sodas were simply full of sugar which were waiting to become fat on my body. I suppose I knew this all along, but it took me a while to get it through my head that not all calories were equal.

The moral of the story is that what you eat is extremely important when trying to build muscle. It isn't just about increasing your calories; rather, you need to give your body the best fuel possible to help build as much muscle as you want. Besides that, you want to be as healthy as possible, and fast food won't help in this regard either. Stick to lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, and other healthy food instead. Your muscles, and the rest of your body, will thank you.
If you would like to learn more about how to gain muscle naturally, visit Jon Cardozo's Web site at http://maximum-muscle-gain.com/ Learn the secrets to building a muscular physique and avoid the myths of the bodybuilding industry. Brought to you by Jcardozium.

No comments: